Monday, April 9, 2012

The Atonement is a Blessing


Hey,
I enjoy church music so much more now that I've been out. I use to hate it! I thought it was terrible... hahaha Now I enjoy singing it :) It's pretty clever of you to have used church song phrases to want us to obey :)

That's great to hear that Austin has been gaining weight. He's not the only one.... haha Kidding! I don't know how much I weigh. due to the fact that I haven't seen a scale in almost a year.

I'm glad to hear that Austin is more than half way through the Book of Mormon, and didn't leave Lehi's family in the wilderness. I am loving reading out of the Book of Mormon. I have a miss cut copy, and everyone thinks I should have just sent it home and kept it pristine, but it's only worth as much as you've put it to use. Kinda like if you buy something really expensive and never use it. that would be a waste. We should be putting the Book of Mormon to use daily, and not just reading a couple verses and calling it good. We should be testing it, questioning it, and really studying it.  We shouldn't walk away from it unless we've prayed about what we read. There's a quote "If you don't feel like praying, pray till you do." We should be applying that to our studying of the Book of Mormon to be, If you don't feel like reading, read till you do. I find myself captivated in reading it. I love the Book of Mormon.

That's sad to hear about Grandma not doing well. I hope as sad as this may sound that she passes soon, I am sure she would rather be with Grandpa than having the troubles she is now. I know that I'll miss her, but I also know that I will be able to see her again. The other day Elder Rose and I were teaching the Great Plan of Redemption, or the Plan of Salvation. What a blessing this is for all of us. We had finished teaching J.., the sickest investigator! I was bearing my testimony about the Plan of Salvation which I wasn't sure if I had a testimony of, and I said I know that our families will be able to return to live together again, and I was in tears. I now know of the truth of the Plan of Salvation. I know with out a doubt that it is true. I can not deny it. I look forward to seeing Grandpa again.

It's great to hear about how well the building is going. I am excited to see pictures of it! I really excited for dad! I bet the day he says it's done he's going to sleep for a week! hahaha :) I really miss dad too. We have had some great talks driving in the truck to and from work and some really good laughs! :)  I love you Dad.

For Easter in sacrament meeting while listening to the talks I was really thinking about Christ and what he did for us.   

Omni 26. And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

This scripture really stuck out to me. What a blessing the atonement is for each of us. That is our main message as missionaries. I know that the restoration is important, but the atonement is what brings the faith, the opportunity to repent and be baptized so we can receive the Holy Spirit, and it is what gives us the hope to endure to the end. There would be no hope for us no purpose to live with out the atonement. I am forever grateful for that.
I love you! I hope your week will be great! :)
Love,
Elder Marshall

PS  Our area is huge! and we're a bike area! I don't know if you can look up ward boundaries on Lds.orgbut if you can look up Midland 3rds It's fetching intense!
I love my Companion! He's super great. He's a lot of fun to serve with. Once he came out of his shell he became a loose cannon! haha He is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment