Friday, March 2, 2012

Studying A LOT


Howdy Momma and Poppa and Family and Friends.....

I was listening to the talk Profile of a Prophet, by Hugh B Brown. MAN! That is a great talk! I would definitely recommend ANYONE to read or listen to that talk. It is another testament that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The whole talk just proves that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true. I've been trying to use it in my teaching.

Lately I've been studying a lot on the atonement and I read a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland. I want to Quote something out of it.   "When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon, and cast out, and made a hiss, and a byword, YOU ARE STANDING WITH THE BEST LIFE THIS WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions."   I would have to recommend to every single missionary to read the talk entitled "Missionary Work and the Atonement"  20 June 2000

That's great that Miah is home! I'm glad he loved his mission! :D Ask him to write me and send me any pointers :)

I love you :) Thank you for your letters and emails :) I really can not tell you how much they mean to me. I truly appreciate them.

Love ya,
Elder Marshall

PS  I love this..
This was in a talk by Henry B. Eyring, but I believe he was quoting someone else... and made a few changes?

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMED

I
"Fellowship of the Unashamed" by Henry B. Eyring.

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.

The die has been cast.

I have stepped over the line.

The decision has been made.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.

I don't have to be first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.

I now live by faith, lean on his presence, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast and my goal is Heaven.

My road is narrow, my way is rough.

My companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, diluted, or delayed.

I will not flinch in the fare of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up and paid up for the cause of Christ.

I must go till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.

MY BANNER WILL BE CLEAR!

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of GOD unto Salvation to ever one that believeth... " Romans 1:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment