Thursday, November 3, 2011

I've been waiting FOREVER for y'all to come knock on my door!


Hey :)
That's great to hear that Dale got DUNKED! :)

You'll have to send pictures of Austin and the little guy :)

So last Friday was SICK!

Elder Salmand and I were walking down the road and all of a sudden from way down the block we hear this guy hollerin and yellin and then we see him running from way down the block towards us!  I was a little skeptical at first to go to him at first... hahaha  So we walked up to him being diligent missionaries. When we got to him or.. He got to us He said "I've been waiting FOREVER  for y'all to come knock on my door!" and then we talked a little and he said he had a question for us.  He said "Did Joseph Smith really read through a rock?!"  HAHAHA  We then proceeded to tell him the truth and correct his views. He has heard a lot of anti on the church and he really wants to know the truth. Well He's going to get the truth and be baptized! well I hope he does :)   

Our Investigators are doing well. We taught J and E and S- E mom all the commandments the other day and re committed them to everything. They are about as solid as it gets and they are living their lives to the gospel standards. They know what we have taught is true! I hope I'm around to see them get baptized! 

E and A  are progressing well. We have been reading the Book of Mormon with them a lot lately, and we hope to get a solid lesson in with them soon. They just need to gain a testimony of this gospel.

We are also being well taken care of by Sister Gomez. She feeds us anytime we need food, and does anything we need. She use to be a chef and had her own restaurant!  Definitely good food!

For Halloween we had to go in early. At 6. We are really far from all the other elders and sisters so we just stayed in Big Spring and relaxed. Missionaries can't dress up... We did have a trunk or treat the Saturday before and that went well. About 30 members showed up. there was some food there :)

Lately I've been working on my testimony. I feel like I need to grow in ever single aspect of the gospel.  I've been spending a lot of time on my knees trying to know what Gods will is for me. I know that I need to work hard at strengthening myself so I may be an example for all those around me. I am His mouth piece and His tool. I will do all that He directs me to do. I need to remember that in all I do. I'm not here on this earth to go through the motions and do my will. I'm here for the Fathers will. Just like Christ asked for the bitter cup to be removed. Not My will, But thine be done.

I've gotta go. The time is almost out. I love you momma. Let me know how the baptism goes. I will be praying for her.

Oh I've got you scarf done. I should be mailing it soon. Hopefully this week... I'll let you know next p-day if I do! :D I hope you love it!
Love,
Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment