Thursday, December 15, 2011

Miracle


I'm glad there's some pictures on my blog and facebook. Thanks to Cassie and Aunt Betsy for helping momma.  I try to take a lot of photo's.

I got my Christmas package at Zone Conference. I haven't opened the box so no need to worry :) I don't want to ruin the anticipation. haha There was a sister in my district Sister Keyes, She got her box and opened it right away! haha She's going home next week! She asked her parents to not send anything.

We will be on Skype! :D The bishop in the ward here is going to let us use his computer! Him and his wife are really wonderful people. I love them.

Zone Conference was great. I recorded most of the skits, but the card got full during my skit. I will have to get it from another elder or sister. So I've got another full memory card to send home to you :D 

I got my Christmas package at Zone Conference. I haven't opened the box so no need to worry :) I don't want to ruin the anticipation. haha There was a sister in my district Sister Keyes, She got her box and opened it right away! haha She's going home next week! She asked her parents to not send anything.
We will be on Skype! :D 

The bishop in the ward here is going to let us use his computer! Him and his wife are really wonderful people. I love them.

Zone Conference was great. I recorded most of the skits, but the card got full during my skit. I will have to get it from another elder or sister.

J and E are doing wonderful. We love to spend time with them, and help encourage them to constantly read and pray :)

This last week my comp and I had a miracle. We went WAY across town to knock, and we felt like we weren't supposed to be there, not a bad feeling. So we started driving and we went to the street where we had knocked the previous day (way way way away from where we were), and we got out of the car and started walking. We decided we needed to knock the other side of the street. So we started knocking. We ran into a couple people who had mormon relatives but are DIE HARD baptist. They had no interest in us or the gospel... So we kept knocking feeling a little down. I was praying in my heart that we would find someone to talk to us as we were walking up to a door. We knocked and this lady answered. She was kind, and politely set up a time for friday, and said she was busy. She shut her screen door, and we started walking away. We got to the end of the drive way and I just stopped walking. 2 seconds after I stopped walking she opened up the screen door, and hollered for us to come back. She explained how she couldn't believe that we came by on that day and asked us around back to the screened in porch. When we got there we sat down and started talking, and she had explained to us how she had some depression, and she had been feeling very down and had a lot of questions about religion and God on her mind for the past couple days! We taught her a solid lesson, and set a Baptism date with her! I can't believe we were literally right across the street from her just the day before! Way SOLID.

The Lord will provide when we humble ourselves and open our hearts to His will.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He is the reason we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that through the atonement we can become free from the fetters of sin that bind us, and hold us from our true potential. We are truely blessed because of our Savior and Redeemer. I can't even imagine the pain our Father in Heaven felt when He watched His son take upon the sins of the world. If we truly know that through our Redeemer we will reach our full potential, but it is only through our efforts to repent and humble ourselves, to accept His sacrifice for us, we can do that. 

I love you so much, and I am so grateful for all that you do.
Love,
Elder Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment